Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
HW Productions Beta EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
HW Productions Beta EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
HW Productions Beta EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
HW Productions Beta EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
HW Productions Beta EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
HW Productions Beta I_vote_lcapHW Productions Beta I_voting_barHW Productions Beta I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
HW Productions Beta I_vote_lcapHW Productions Beta I_voting_barHW Productions Beta I_vote_rcap 
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

HW Productions Beta

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mitsukaru
Main Administrator
Mitsukaru

Admin '10 : HW Productions Beta Admino10
GFX Crew '10 : HW Productions Beta Gfxoft10
Recruiter '10 : HW Productions Beta Recrui10
HWPoints : 1548

HW Productions Beta Empty
PostHW Productions Beta

I'm sure some of you have heard of this and most of you in the chat have even played this game. Well I'm announcing that I'm officially under production of a game for Hissing Worms! In this thread I will describe in detail parts of the game. Time to give you a basic description of it also found in the game help guide(Press F1).

Quote :
How to Play

Use the arrow keys to navigate your character around each obstical.You can use any aspect of your sprite to your advantage.

Example:

On the end of your name there is a "..". You can use these 2 periods to hang off cliffs and then jump from that position to a new one.

For those of you who don't understand that let me give you a preview of what the character currently looks like. It will change in the future but this is a basic layout.

HW Productions Beta Pgspri11
^Note the admin symbol won't be for you when it goes multiplayer d:

So you see how you have the ".." on the end of your name. Basically you use this to hang off a ledge designed by us and you can jump from that ledge to a higher platform.

Map Making

Some of you may be wondering if we'll be having a custom made map maker for the game. Right now only me and PawnMan10 will be making maps because only us have access to the entire game file and I will not release to components. But to give you an idea of what it's like here's a preview screenshot of a typical level we would make:

HW Productions Beta Mapedi10

As you can see we have a grid line so you'll know where you are placing your objects and we can change the intricacy of the grid lines to make more precisely placed objects.

Zone System

This is a new feature I added to the game called a Zone System. Basically we'll be running on a different "Zone" every 10 rooms I have to make. Everytime you pass 10 rooms you'll be able to go into a "Transportation" if you please and it will take you to any Zone you want. So if you already got the basics down from Zone A you can teleport to Zone B, C, D, ect. based on how hard you want your challenge to be.

Here are basic descriptions of the zone's I have created at the moment. There will be more.

HW Productions Beta Zone_a10

Zone A will be the first room that everyone starts out in. It's a general place for beginners where throughout the first couple levels you just learn to get your legs for the game and you can't die. As we go to the 2nd portion of those Zone we introduce spikes and a bit more tricky jumps that will require you to think outside the box. If you die you'll be replaced at the start of the room.

HW Productions Beta Zone_b10

Zone B is a place for the more moderate players who still can use a little work but they know most of the controls and moves in the game. We start out by introducing some new enemies called Ghosts. The basically move and bounce on the walls and if you get hit by them you die. As you move on in the beginning we make the jumps a bit more difficult but then it starts to even out into a stead room switch towards the end where we can prepare for some more difficult stuff.

HW Productions Beta Zone_c10

Zone C is a place for your more introduced players looking for a challenge. We'll be introducing traps arrows shooting across the map, falling trollfaces(just a joke), and all that fun stuff.

We'll be adding more Zones as me and PawnMan10 make more levels. We plan to get at least 50-60 levels before we release the multiplayer version for beta testing. Hopefully we'll get more.

HW Productions Beta O9eqfk

Zone D is a place for your advanced players. It is much harder then stuff that you have seen in previous Zone's and it serves as a real challenge for everyone. There will be new ways to die including getting shot, more trollfaces, ect. This place will take true skill and determination to conquer.

Future Calendar Plans

Well for starters I plan to have a multiplayer version released in January.

Secondly sometime next year we're thinking about adding a fun "Fighting" room where you can shoot and kill people. But that's just an idea.

BETA VERSIONS

Right now I'm using MegaUpload to test the game since my computer is messed up. I have to upload it from this and then test it on another pc. So if you guys want to see the beta just come on whenever I'm on and you might see me post a link. That's an invitation saying that you can test this with me if you please, I don't mind.

SINGLE PLAYER VERSION:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8IHL9KY3

2 PLAYER VERSION(SAME KEYBOARD):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PZPOMPOS

Multiplayer Screenshots

*******NOTE********
We do NOT have multiplayer setup yet. This is was just me and my bro on the same PC.
Also this is what we plan to have multiplayer be like(only with more people and a chat). Everyone will have the green sprite only without the admin rank. Other ones are for special beta testers and admins.

HW Productions Beta Ixz9tw

HW Productions Beta 300zk20

HW Productions Beta Fe2s09

HW Productions Beta Aemzxs

So thanks and hope for a great game in the future!

~KiLLErMaN99

Last edited by KiLLErMaN99 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:53 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://hissingworms.co.nr
Share this post on: reddit

HW Productions Beta :: Comments

Re: HW Productions Beta
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:53 am by ArtisticMind
pawngame sprites? lol'd

GL tho.
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 am by Darkprism
I think I'll be the first to admit that I can't beat level 2...
Mitsukaru
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:21 am by Mitsukaru
darkprism wrote:
I think I'll be the first to admit that I can't beat level 2...

Remember to use the glitches that I told you about. You can hang off walls and jump with your name and gun to get to other places. I might make picture tutorials later on how to do certain jumps.
music
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:20 am by music
i finished allof zone a was pretty tricky but imade it to zoneb and couldnt get up wall so i rage quit and agood update wouldbe tomove wit wasd and to make creatore your own guy
and is there gona be a chatand is theres gona be modators?
Mitsukaru
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:19 am by Mitsukaru
music wrote:
i finished allof zone a was pretty tricky but imade it to zoneb and couldnt get up wall so i rage quit and agood update wouldbe tomove wit wasd and to make creatore your own guy

In the future we will let you move with WASD also.

As for the chatroom we have a beta plan for it but chances are it might be in a separate window for now. And Moderators we probably won't have for a while until we start needing them. Note that these 2 things are just sketch up plans for the future. I'm not saying each will happen 100%. Just future stuff.

LolICU
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:37 pm by LolICU
music wrote:

It took me like 3 minutes of intense reading to figure out what you were trying to say. I beat Zone B, it was fun Razz. I wouldn't recommend having more than 50 zones though, they might start to become repetitive unless you add in something REALLY unique.
FuzzY
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:52 pm by FuzzY
Cool Km, can't wait to play the finished version.
Gr33n
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:11 pm by Gr33n
Customizable sprites in the futures?
Mitsukaru
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:00 pm by Mitsukaru
^Maybe CUSTOM Sprites. Not sure.

Updated the game version to add a preview of Zone C and fixed a couple glitches.
Electrify
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:11 pm by Electrify
Too bad I cant play. D:

GL.
Gr33n
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:15 pm by Gr33n
Will it get harder? It's not the least bit frustrating or difficult right now.

Also, the fact that if your name ouches a spike you die gets annoying. And the character doesn't turn. Pretty fun though. Can't wait for more. I'm gonna get the program.
Mitsukaru
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:18 pm by Mitsukaru
Name touching the spikes is part of the challenge. And if you go to the latest download and check out Zone C it starts to get challenging.

Character turning around requires pro AND it would mess up the gameplay.
Gr33n
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:19 pm by Gr33n
Zone C wasn't hard either. I just think it woulda been nice to tell me my name could kill mje. Took me a while to figure out why I was dying.

Wouldn't mess up gameplay really.

Waiting for more.
Mitsukaru
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:20 pm by Mitsukaru
Well the maps are designed for your character to face that way so yes it would d:

And yes there will be more later on.
LolICU
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:26 pm by LolICU
http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/
For anyone who wants to try it out, help Km, make a game of their own, or find out how the program works.

To learn more about how to make the games, they have great tutorials: http://www.yoyogames.com/make/tutorials

Mitsukaru
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:18 pm by Mitsukaru
Added example pics of what multiplayer will look like.
Gr33n
Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:07 am by Gr33n
More levels please.
music
Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:55 am by music
is every1 gona have the name killer? and is every1 in the hw clan gona be mods?
Gr33n
Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:57 am by Gr33n
No and no. When it goes multiplayer you can have your own username, and I believe site mods will be the mods.
LolICU
Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:17 am by LolICU
:/ I think Km should make a usergroup for this...
Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:58 am by SmoothCopyCat
Looks sick.
I call dibs on Map Making Team Leader when the map maker is officially released.

Mitsukaru
Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:08 am by Mitsukaru
@Music- I plan on the names for the game all being killer right now. Not the chatroom though.

@Gr33n- Dunno bout game mods just yet

@LolICU- Everyone beta tests. I'm not a fan of the apply to test a game thing. Why not share it with everyone?

@SmoothCopyCat- The gravity is a lot different from pawn. It's more like TDP4's gravity so it's unpredictable.
Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:10 am by SmoothCopyCat
Doesn't mean i can't be a map maker..
If there was any place i would belong on this forums, it would be map making..
DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME!
Mitsukaru
Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:11 am by Mitsukaru
SmoothCopyCat wrote:
Doesn't mean i can't be a map maker..
If there was any place i would belong on this forums, it would be map making..
DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME!

Oh I know that Smile There actually is a way you can make maps right now but I wouldn't really suggest it seeing as it would be mucho de difficult to transfer the file over to my game version. Right now it's pretty much me and my bro(PawnMan10) making maps because all the objects, sprites, and rooms are on my computer. But I'll see what I can do in the future for you.
Post  by Sponsored content

HW Productions Beta

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next