Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! I_vote_lcapForummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! I_voting_barForummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! I_vote_lcapForummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! I_voting_barForummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! I_vote_rcap 
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mitsukaru
Main Administrator
Mitsukaru

Admin '10 : Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! Admino10
GFX Crew '10 : Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! Gfxoft10
Recruiter '10 : Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! Recrui10
HWPoints : 1548

Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!   Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:49 pm

How to put the Chatbox every page!

In this tutorial you will learn how to add the chatbox on every single page, something that a lot of you have been wanting to add as a feature to Forummotion. Well here is a way to make that possible and look perfectly normal.

For starters if you haven't already, lets go set the chatbox so that it doesn't show up on any pages.
Admininistration CP => Modules => Chabox/Configuration

Change your settings to this:
Spoiler:

Now that you've done that we can go add our HTML code for the chatbox to the templates in order to get it on every page. This sounds difficult but it's faily simple when you look at what you have to do.

Lets go to the template we need to add the chatbox on every page.
Administration CP => Display => Templates/General => overall header

If you followed the path correctly you should be on a page where you can edit the HTML of the site. Be very carefull at this point because 1 little thing can screw up the look of your site. Now look for this little bit of code:

Code:
<!-- END html_validation -->

If you haven't modified anything it should be on the bottom of all the script you have. What you want to do is add this script right below it:

Code:
<br>
<center><table class="forumline" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" id="gallery_container"><tr><div class="genmed center"><iframe src="/chatbox/chatbox.forum" width="99%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe><table></tr></center>

Click Save.

Now we stay on the page it takes you to because you have to activate the change in your template. To do that just click the green + next to your "overall header" template.

Spoiler:

Congradulations! If you followed all of this correctly then your site should have a chatbox on every single page looking just as normal as the old one.

Written by Azami
Back to top Go down
http://hissingworms.co.nr
FuzzY
The Chosen One
FuzzY

HWPoints : 927

PostSubject: Re: Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!   Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Nice guide,helps,thank you for this!
Back to top Go down
GigaPudding
Garden Snake

HWPoints : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!   Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:07 am

I'd also like to add that only original admin can do this.
Back to top Go down
Diggy
*DIGGY RAGE*
Diggy

HWPoints : 2635

PostSubject: Re: Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!   Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm

AMAZING I STILL LOOK HERE EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://madhouseforums.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!   Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide! Empty

Back to top Go down

Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
Page 1 of 1