Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
9 Review EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
9 Review EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
9 Review EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
9 Review EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
9 Review EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
9 Review I_vote_lcap9 Review I_voting_bar9 Review I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

9 Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scrubby
Lightning Thief
Scrubby

TDP4 Lead '10 : 9 Review Tdp4cl10
HWPoints : 1387

9 Review Empty
PostSubject: 9 Review   9 Review EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:45 pm

9 Review 9+final+movie+poster+Shane+Acker

Exposition(Setting, characters, and pre-story):
This story takes place after a well-known scientist is forced by the nation's Chancellor to make a machine called the "Fabrication Machine", that is used to make other "machines" to attack foreign nations that they are planning to take over. Some years pass by and the Fabrication Machine dies. This makes the other machines that have gotten created by him go crazy and take-over the nation. The human race has gotten extinct, but not the scientist. He hides away from all the war between Man vs Machine. In his hiding, he creates these little "ragdolls" numbered 1-9. The scientist builds an "alchemic talisman" which he uses to take the soul from and place it into the ragdolls. He dies right after he makes the last doll, 9.

Story Plot Outline:
9 is awakened in the Scientist's "hideout" with the Talisman, a small circular device with random designs carved into it. This design is later known as the number 9 in Greek. He now goes out into the lifeless world, and encounters another ragdoll like him, 2. They walk out into the ruins of the nation's capitol and realizes that 9 has the Talisman. 2 takes the Talisman from 9 promising that it is in good hands. 9 gives 2 the Talisman, and as he does, they encounter the last living machine, the Cat Beast. 2 tells 9 to hide, and so he does without the Cat Beast knowing. 2 tries to fight off the Cat Beast, but 2's strength and power is no match for the Cat Beast's. The Cat Beast kidnaps 2 and runs off to the tower where all the machines were made.

While 9 is hiding, another small group of ragdolls, consisting of 1, 5, 6, and 8. They take 9 into their little "hideout" where a Cathedral once was, they hide from the Cat Beast there. They were discussing the kidnapping of 2, and 9 insists on going to rescue him. This leads to the outburst of 1 who is furious at 9 for suggesting such a thing. None of them wanted to go because of the danger it holds. 5, the clumsy and eager ragdoll decides to go on the journey with 9. They use a pair of binoculars to track down the Cat Beast, and they begin to follow him to they factory where the machines were made at, and the dead "Fabrication Machine" corpse was held.

The Cat Beast tries to use the Talisman to revive the Fabrication Machine, but he did not know how to do it. Meanwhile, 9 and 5 find 2 locked in a cage. They tried to break him out then the Cat Beast spots them. Right as the Cat Beast was about to attack, which probably could've killed 9, 5, and 2, 7 comes out of no-where and chops the Cat Beast's head off.

Out of curiosity, 9 places the Talisman on the Fabrication Machine. 2 pushes 9 out of the way and tries to pull the Talisman out, but it was too late. The Talisman sucked the soul out of 2 causing the Fabrication Machine to awaken using 2's soul as it's fuel.

9, 5, and 7 escape the factory without the knowing of the Fabrication Machine. The Fabrication Machine begins to make more machines.

9, 5, and 7 goes to a library, where the twins 3 and 4 are living, to find information about the Talisman. 5 recognizes the Talisman from 6's drawings, and he and 9 return to the Cathedral where they get lectured by 1. 6 tells 5 and 9 to "go back to the Source", but before 6 can tell them what the source is, they are attacked by the newly made machine, the Winged Beast.

They managed to destroy the Winged Beast at the cost of their Cathedral being burned down and 7 being wounded. While searching for a place to hide, the ragdolls are attacked by another machine, the Seamstress. The Seamstress captures 7 and 8. 9 sneaks back into the factory to try and help 7 and 8 escape.

The Fabrication Machine takes 8 and sucks his soul out also. 9 uses a decoy to get enough time to rescue 7. The Seamstress falls for the decoy and 9 gets 7. They run up a tunnel with the group of ragdolls at the top. Once they get to the top, the group pours gas down the tunnel and 9 ignites a match and sets it on fire. The factory burns up, along with the Fabrication Machine.

While the ragdolls celebrate their victory, 5 wanders away from the group and realizes that the Fabrication Machine is not dead. The Fabrication Machine grabs 5, and sucks his soul out. As the ragdolls ran from the Fabrication Machine, 6 notices that the dead ragdolls's souls are trapped inside it so they cannot kill it without killing their friends along with it.

After believing there is no way to rescue the soul-less ragdolls, 1 and 7 tries to kill the machine anyways. 9 wanders away from the group and goes to the "Source" which is known as the scientist's hideout. 9 discovers an instructional video of the scientist telling him how to use the Talisman against the Fabrication Machine. It was no use.

9 runs back to the group and tries to kill the Fabrication Machine. The attack did not work, and the Fabrication Machine attempts to take 9's soul. 1 pushes 9 out of the way so the Fabrication Machine takes 1's soul instead. 9 ends up taking the talisman out of the Fabrication Machine and uses it to rescue his friends.

9, 7, 3, and 4 hold a funeral for 1, 2, 5, 6, and 8. 9 presses the random designs on the talisman, causing it to shake out of 9's hand and fall down a dirt hill. The talisman frees the souls of 1, 2, 5, 6, and 8. The souls walk over to their bodies, and fly into the sky. The story goes back to the talisman and the credits start.

Spoiler:

Characters:

One:
Spoiler:

Two:
Spoiler:

Three and Four:
Spoiler:

Five:
Spoiler:

Six:
Spoiler:

Seven:
Spoiler:

Eight:
Spoiler:

Nine:
Spoiler:

My Thoughts:
I thought that this movie was pretty good, but kiddie at the same time. It kinda reminded me of Terminator: Salvation. The effects were pretty bad considering it was rated PG. but, it was overall pretty good. The plot, the storyline all made sense. I watched it once, and got all of it. I would recommend this to you if you want to waste some time. It is available on HBO on Demand if you guys have Time Warner cable. I don't know about any other networks. I would rate this 4/5 popcorn bags Razz

Back to top Go down
HaZe
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
HaZe

HWPoints : 7742

9 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9 Review   9 Review EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Hmmm, a nice review. The story plot sounds cool and adventorous. And you were very detailed...
Back to top Go down
http://theshooters.forumotion.net
Darkprism
Wizard of the Marsh

HWPoints : 4558

9 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9 Review   9 Review EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Nice, but lots of fragment sentences like "While 9 is hiding, another small group of ragdolls, consisting of 1, 5, 6, and 8."
And grammatical errors like
"The human race has gotten extinct, but not the scientist."

These should be
"While 9 is hiding, another small group of ragdolls, consisting of 1, 5, 6, and 8 take 9 into their hideout."
And

"The human race has gone extinct, except for the scientist."

It's just little things like that. Overall, nice review. Hope to see more!
Back to top Go down
http://funnypics.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Sponsored content

9 Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9 Review   9 Review Empty

Back to top Go down

9 Review
Page 1 of 1