Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
CoD Black Ops Review EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
CoD Black Ops Review EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
CoD Black Ops Review EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
CoD Black Ops Review EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
CoD Black Ops Review EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
CoD Black Ops Review I_vote_lcapCoD Black Ops Review I_voting_barCoD Black Ops Review I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
CoD Black Ops Review I_vote_lcapCoD Black Ops Review I_voting_barCoD Black Ops Review I_vote_rcap 
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

CoD Black Ops Review

Go down 
+5
Avogadro
Gr33n
Scrubby
FuzzY
LolICU
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

HWPoints : 3206

CoD Black Ops Review Empty
PostSubject: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 5:53 pm

CoD Black Ops Review Call-o12
From the highly successful Call of Duty franchise comes 7th game of the series, Call of Duty: Black Ops. After the unfortunate end of the Modern Warfare series, Activision decided to build on its fortune by returning to Treyarch Studios and design the next big hit of the video game world. Before the games' release, Treyarch leaked hints to a return of zombie mode (from WaW) via a "secret" website, released spectacular in-game trailers and videos and developer diaries / interviews. Upon the release of Black Ops on November 9th, 2010 the game became an instant hit, surpassing all expectations and breaking the sales record (held by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2), raking up to $1 billion in a month. Now for the review:

Campaign - 9/10
Now I definitely did not expect this from CoD. Unlike their previous rip-offs, Black Ops boasts a memorable, original campaign with unique gameplay styles and fast-paced action. You play as Alex Mason for most of the game, occasionally switching to Jason Hudson or the odd Blackbird pilot. The plot, albeit confusing at times, takes many twists and turns and ties up all the loose ends in a satisfying finale. However, there are still a few annoying glitches that causes you to be indefinitely spawnkilled whereas the only solution is to restart the whole level.

Zombies / Co op - 8.5/10
Ahhh zombies...who doesn't love sending waves of undead crashing into a wall or freezing them into blocks of ice? Maybe you prefer pulling out a death machine and shredding them into little pieces. With 2 brand new maps and 4 returning from World at War you'll have more than enough environments to shoot some zombies. This is what I love most about Treyarch. They provide zombies, Infinity Ward provides "Spec Ops", you tell me which is better. Killing zombies is very fun at first, but to be honest there is no real objective, just survive as long as you can with endless waves of zombies rushing at you. Even with 6 total maps and a new one from the First Strike mappack, zombies becomes really repetetive really quick.

CoD Black Ops Review Call-o13
Multiplayer - 7.5/10
You may not admit it, but I bet we were all hoping for a return of vehicles in multiplayer. Sure Treyarch has popped up a huge arsenal of guns, equipment, grenades and whatnot but to be honest, the online play isn't much different than Modern Warfare 2. Okay they took out commando, but ballistic knife makes the lunges even more powerful than ever before. Have they taken out quickscoping? Yes good job Treyarch, but you didn't have to make the sniper rifles 10x weaker. Results? Nobody snipes anymore. No more G18s or tubes, wait what? Famas and AUG and a hundred other guns have NO KICKBACK!? I was very disappointed by the unbalanced crap Treyarch handed to us. I'd rather have waited a few months longer for a decent online experience. The only good part about online was the new currency system, the fun wager matches and the customizable character, guns and emblem.

Sound - 7/10
Nothing you haven't heard before. The sound in the campaign is probably imported from previous CoDs and a few hundred zombies groaning and moaning isn't anything to get excited about. However, the soundtrack did fit in with whatever part it was being used for so I'll have to give this a seven.

Graphics - 8/10
Great graphics, but still uses the SAME engine since CoD4, shared between Treyarch and IW. Okay guys, you've been using this engine on 4 of your games now, maybe it's time to switch it up?

Overall - 8/10
Loved the game, but until Treyarch pops out a major online patch, it looks like I'll be playing zombies and campaign for now. I'll definitely still buy the map packs and the next Call of Duty because even with a flawed multiplayer, Black Ops is still an amazing game and CoD will still keep the FPS crown.

CoD Black Ops Review Black_11
BTW Black Ops is available on Wii, PC, PS3, and Xbox360

Last edited by LolICU on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:41 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ysorandom.weebly.com
FuzzY
The Chosen One
FuzzY

HWPoints : 927

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Instead of saying IW you should say Infinity Ward, some people might not know what that means. But it's pretty good, you should add a little more pictures and say what platforms and stuff it's on.

Good job.
Back to top Go down
Scrubby
Lightning Thief
Scrubby

TDP4 Lead '10 : CoD Black Ops Review Tdp4cl10
HWPoints : 1387

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Good review.

The campaign, IMO, was a pretty fun experience but was too easy.

Edit: Also please read the review guidelines. You must have a picture of the cover, and a picture of in-game action.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

Gaming Mod '10 : CoD Black Ops Review Gaming10
HWPoints : 29439

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Haven't I read this before?
Back to top Go down
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 6:58 pm

I don't know, have you?
Back to top Go down
Avogadro
Sʇǝɥdǝu
Avogadro

Funny Guy '10 : CoD Black Ops Review Funnyg11
HWPoints : 1884

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:10 pm

For some odd reason I feel like you copy-pasted this from some place.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:38 pm

I think he did. I'll look around.
Back to top Go down
HaZe
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
HaZe

HWPoints : 7742

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 7:58 pm

I heard it's one of the best games ever even though it costs here about $59.99. I'm not getting it, but my friend may get it and I am so desparate to play it!!! SO can't wait.
Back to top Go down
http://theshooters.forumotion.net
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Give me the link if you find it. I did copy / paste the pictures and video though.
Back to top Go down
Scrubby
Lightning Thief
Scrubby

TDP4 Lead '10 : CoD Black Ops Review Tdp4cl10
HWPoints : 1387

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Jonathan wrote:
I heard it's one of the best games ever even though it costs here about $59.99. I'm not getting it, but my friend may get it and I am so desparate to play it!!! SO can't wait.

All new games are $60 :/ so you better wait like 6 months so it goes down to like $30
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:49 pm

E high sellers never lose price.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Assistant '10 : CoD Black Ops Review Assist10
Member '10 : CoD Black Ops Review 2up7mv8
HWPoints : 6345

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:10 pm

I checked this over for plagiarism with this. The results...? Everything is 100% original...but the system gathers everything from Google....so, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Darkprism
Wizard of the Marsh

HWPoints : 4558

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Seems legit, nice job.
Back to top Go down
http://funnypics.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Zeph
~Elysium in the Sun~
Zeph

Mod '10 : Mod '10
HWPoints : 8757

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:33 pm

AfternoonRave wrote:
Good review.

The campaign, IMO, was a pretty fun experience but was too easy.

Edit: Also please read the review guidelines. You must have a picture of the cover, and a picture of in-game action.

He does have photos.
The game cover and in-game action.

Very well done review. Keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoD Black Ops Review   CoD Black Ops Review Empty

Back to top Go down

CoD Black Ops Review
Page 1 of 1