Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Story Time EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
Story Time EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
Story Time EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
Story Time EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
Story Time EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
Story Time I_vote_lcapStory Time I_voting_barStory Time I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

Story Time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Assistant '10 : Story Time Assist10
Member '10 : Story Time 2up7mv8
HWPoints : 6345

Story Time Empty
PostSubject: Story Time   Story Time EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 am

Make an epic story, post it here, keep the language safe for kids. Simple.

Saturday, 19:45
November. 12. Year Undocumented.

Cold, cold, cold… thought Aeron. Windswept rain and nasty weather didn’t stop the mission. 270 m…260 m…250 m… read the altimeter. Aeron was freefalling through the rainy skies at a speedy paced. He could feel the wind resisting his fall and reminded himself of what he was trained to do when he hit the massive dome of reinforced glass. Shatter it…all of it upon impact. Crazy? Insane? That’s what he thought before the Agents told him he was going to do it. Aeron always loved the thrill of the rush. Nothing stopped him from experiencing that pulse of adrenaline and excitement. Never. But tonight…tonight was different.

Fifty-five meters to go… he thought. Suddenly, a voice was buzzing in from his headset. The sound was a bit fuzzy, and the roaring wind pushing against Aeron didn’t help either; but it was enough to hear what the person was saying. “Aeron can you hear me?”

“Loud and clear, Doc’” replied Aeron.

It was Doctor Alan of the S.T.A.R. Foundation. “Aeron, get out of there immediately!”

“Wha-why? Wait…no!”

TRANSMISSION ENDED
Back to top Go down
TheOnly1Left
•The Master•
TheOnly1Left

Retired Staff '10 : Story Time Retire10
HWPoints : 6528

Story Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Time   Story Time EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Very nice story. It was intriguing and a great vocab. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
zekedablitzer
The One and Only METALGEEK!!
zekedablitzer

HWPoints : 3123

Story Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Time   Story Time EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:21 pm

very nice
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Story Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Time   Story Time EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:50 pm

@ zekeman and theonly1left, Thanks guys. I kinda do this for a living, heh.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

Gaming Mod '10 : Story Time Gaming10
HWPoints : 29439

Story Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Time   Story Time EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:41 pm

What happened to quest for destiny?
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Story Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Time   Story Time EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:54 am

Still going strong. But a LOT has changed since those early drawings and stories. I just recently picked it back up after my last school year and also brought new ideas for all sorts of things around the ideals. BTW, the hero's name is now Naro [naw-row] as Nadin was a name extremely similar to a man in a book I read recently.

I've given him new abilities, more weapons, and a darker storyline for readers to enjoy. Also, I shifted my view of him as a superhero-ish (most like Batman and Vigilante combined) and added a sort of interrogation to the plot. I should post a lot of this stuff to members who have no clue about this, if I may add.

Also, Askibar and the Queen I forgot to rename will be, eh, renamed.

My big struggle is to find an "intersection" of old times with modernity so it makes sense to the reader.

Also, new vehicles, new characters, more enemies, and a few more things to come will give you all something to shout about. I should try something like post some progress reports to make this all the better.

So, no, I have not given up. Two, I plan on more things to come after some little business I have to take care of is through. Finally, expect epic things in the following weeks, I'll try to keep you guys posted as often as possible, and I promise to keep it awesome.

Oh, and I might dump the name Quest for Destiny. Sorry... Sad
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

Gaming Mod '10 : Story Time Gaming10
HWPoints : 29439

Story Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Time   Story Time EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:38 pm

Oh I don't give a care lol. It was a pathetic name I just thought of.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Story Time Empty
PostSubject: Under Fallen Skies   Story Time EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:10 am

Special Thanks: Thank you, Mrs. Stock and Wasserman for the epic A I got for this. You rock!

SETTING: Our story takes place in what many call “New New York,” our futuristic counterpart. Three decades into the second millennium, the influx of new inventions and innovations, a decreased population, more powerful law enforcement officers and agencies, and a reformed national bank and economy led to “the Roaring Thirties.” Crime rates have dropped to all time lows thank to America’s Finest. New inventions such as the internal repuslorlift and the Aeroslate succeeded in bringing flying/hovering cars and an extremely thin “sheet” that is basically a computer that floats in the air. The invention of the A-Trac helped citizens head to large cities at astonishing speeds, akin to a very fast train. Nevertheless, the War on Terrorism continues to arise. Though al-Qaeda and their allies do not receive the same support from civilians, and have also served as a much weaker threat than they did twenty years ago, a new secret movement known as “the Gallagher,” threatens the security of the American people. Gallagher’s intentions and their furtive goal to clean the world of the “American may be the darkest war America has ever seen…

CAST: Joseph Vettinger, a Reserve in his twenties, carries out special missions to finally discover the whereabouts of Gallagher from his own home. But whenever he is called to duty, he shifts directions and prepares for battle. His wife, Sarah, died in shortly after giving birth to her children Emilia and Seara, who both died at birth. His second and last wife Clara died the same way on the same day only a year later. She gave birth to Joseph’s final child: Amy.

Amy Vettinger, daughter of Joseph, Amy is a bold, kind 14-year-old girl. Her signature deep strawberry-blonde (akin to bright pink) hair is about 3 inches below the neck and worn in a modern style and her oceanic blue eyes are very charming. She’s the moderate height for girls her age. She is fun loving, courteous, and comforts Joseph whenever thoughts and opinions sway his mind.

Captain Cartier, a celebrated army captain who believes it is his destiny to seek out and destroy Gallagher forces. He is a British native who emigrated. He is typically calm, wise, and knows to look before he leaps. But whenever he is under pressure, his attitude changes to a hot-tempered, battle-ready soldier. He relies on Joseph’s wit and attention-to-detail to point out clues to a lead.

DESCRIPTIVE DETAILS: It’s a beautiful morning at 9:25 A.M. Classes start at 10:00 for Amy. She’s wearing regular clothing: a black, short-sleeved embellished T-shirt she bought at the Paramore concert two Fridays ago, with a loose pink tie to complement her hair, deep blue skinny jeans, and white gym shoes. She has a bag strapped around her shoulder, and is looking for her Social Studies book. She clutches a cool glass of orange juice off the counter, sips it, and puts it back to continue searching. She pulls out her phone and uses it to search for the missing book. The kitchen is well-lit and consists of the typical features you’ll find in a regular kitchen: electric stove, large dishwasher, a sink, plenty of cabinets, a pantry, a microwave and oven combo (two appliances on one wall) and a few spices, can-openers and whatnot. Meanwhile, Joseph is drawing conclusions to the whereabouts of Professor Norman Phelps—a doctor whom witnesses believe is selling biological weapons to Gallagher agents. He finishes typing on his laptop, and writes a quick memo before leaving his office located stage left. He’s wearing a black polo shirt with a dragon design on the left chest, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes. Amy continues to search for her book via phone, with her head downward facing the phone, unaware of where she’s going. As her father walks across the corridor, they bump into each other, and Joseph prepares to jokingly embrace her…

ACT I

Dialogue between characters:
JOSEPH: Why the rush, kiddo?
AMY: [Laughing] I’m looking for my book so I can turn in my homework. It’s inside one of the pages.
JOSEPH: [Let’s Go of Her] The same book you left in the study?
AMY: [Smacks Forehead] Duh…thanks, Dad.
JOSEPH: No problem sweetheart. [Enters Kitchen Stage Right. Takes Medication.]
AMY: Hey, Dad?
JOSEPH: Hmm?
AMY: Are you gonna be able to attend the band concert tomorrow night? Mr. Williams said this may be the best concert in school history, with songs from like the mid-2000s or something. My favorite is the Legend of Zelda.
JOSEPH: Ah… [Checks Date on Phone], yeah I’ll be there.
AMY: Sweetness! [Pumps Fist] You will not be disappointed.
JOSEPH: [Chuckles] We’ll see.
AMY: [Smiling] Seriously, it’s gonna be awesome!
JOSEPH: Alright, heh. Hey, you know what, Amzy?
AMY: What?
JOSEPH: I’ve got a lead on Doctor Phelps. By the time I report this to my boss…by the way, you do know Mr. Cartier, right?
AMY: Yeah, I think we met before. [Sips orange juice and sits on barstool]
JOSEPH: So yeah, we are smoking out the whereabouts to Doctor Phelps, who I think will give us enough information as to where Gallagher is hiding.
AMY: Great. [Pondering] Soooo…
JOSEPH: [Giving Hints] Once we track him down…
AMY: [Excited] If he talks, then we have a better chance at winning the war!
JOSEPH: [Chuckles] Exactly!
AMY: [Rushes to Hug Him] This so awesome!
JOSEPH: Sure is. Hey, don’t you have school?
AMY: [Checks her Phone] Shoot, you’re right. [Kisses Joseph on the Cheek] Bye, Dad.
[Heads to Exit Stage Right]
JOSEPH: Okay, see you later, sweetheart.
AMY: ‘Kay. Bye. See you at 4.
JOSEPH: Sure thing.
Hours pass, and Joseph hasn’t seen eye or ear of Amy. Joseph sits in the den alone at 10:00 P.M. Dark doubts quickly plague Joseph’s mind. Something went horribly wrong.

Descriptive Details: A simple den: a coffee table, couch, clock—everything is normal except the touch-screen television. Joseph is in a conference over the phone with Captain Cartier to discuss plans to locate the location of Professor Phelps.

Dialogue between Characters:
CAPTAIN CARTIER: No go ahead…
JOSEPH: So we know Phelps is not hiding anywhere near the laboratory because he probably needs to avoid suspicion, and can’t be caught again.
CAPTAIN CARTIER: Did he kill anyone?
JOSEPH: Yeah, the police over here say a witness saw a guy about five feet tall lighting a cigarette when he pulled out a gun and shot the victim to death. The victim probably knew about Phelps’ secret, so he threatened to call the police, but turned it down for some reason. Maybe he himself was threatened, maybe Norman was a good friend of his, but somehow he did something after the victim threatened to call the police, Norman got nervous, and then he shot ‘em.
CAPTAIN CARTIER: Sounds accurate. Now where else would the little weasel hide?
JOSEPH: He may consider leaving the city, the state, or the whole darn country, for all I know.
CAPTAIN CARTIER: I see. Well, good work, Lieutenant. I’ll expect a report by next Friday?
JOSEPH: Good deal.
CAPTAIN CARTIER: Alright. Take it easy—wait a sec’. Turn on the news.
Joseph clenches the remote and changes it to Channel 12.
JOSEPH: [Shocked] Oh my gosh…
NEWSCASTER: …and there’s still no word of the survivors of the bomb that destroyed nearly half of the Eastern A-Trac. Witnesses say they heard a loud buzzing noise and saw a plane approach a bus at a dangerously close angle. They noticed it draw back a little and finally see it bomb the back of the bus. This could be the second worse…
Joseph turns the TV off.
JOSEPH: [Quietly] I can’t take it.
CAPTAIN CARTIER: I can understand if you don’t wish to take part in this assignment.
JOSEPH: No. It has to be done.
CAPTAIN CARTIER: As you wish.
Joseph takes a moment to shed a few tears, and then heads to the garage where he can ride his hovering cycle and analyze the situation.

Descriptive Details: Dusk. Joseph rides through the forgotten twilight to see the situation at hand, with the only source of encouragement being the fact that Amy may be alive. He will soon deny the truth that will shape his future. When he arrives to the scene of the crime, he finds that the other side of the A-Trac is separated by a giant gap that once connected into a whole. Debris emphasized by billowy flames across the skyway and bodies that suffered from massive third-degree burns. Suddenly, a police officer approaches Joseph as he analyzed the flaming bus.

POLICE OFFICER 1: Excuse me, sir. Do you have a license, ‘cause this is the crime scene, here.
JOSEPH: [Solemnly] Of course. Here you are. [Hands him Card]
POLICE OFFICER 1: Alrighty. Would you come with me, Mr. Vettinger?
JOSEPH: Sure thing.
[They walk over to the burning bus and meet up with POLICE OFFICER 2]
POLICE OFFICER 1: Lieutenant, I’d like you to meet Joseph Vettinger. He’s an official Army Reserve and has come to examine the explosion.
POLICE OFFICER 2: Okay then. [Pulls out Hologram. Points to Areas] The blast from the explosion destroyed much of the back of the bus. We’re guessing Gallagher may have contributed to this catastrophe. The—
JOSEPH: [Walks closer to the remains stepping over burned souls] The assailant was probably a robotic imitation. Take a look at the center of the bus. The farther you go to the back, the more destructive it gets. Notice how the shards extend outward as you go to farther back.
POLICE OFFICER 1: Your point?
JOSEPH: That bomb didn’t hit the A-Trac. It may have hit the bomb head-on. Yet, the remains get much more destructive as you had to the center. So, pretty much all the bus has been destroyed. It’s either the bomb was extremely powerful…
POLICE OFFICER 1: Or…
JOSEPH: People on the bus, may have been carrying bombs. They may have known the bomb was coming and they prepared for a massive explosion.
[Both Police Officers in Shock. Joseph nods slowly]
POLICE OFFICER 1: You writing this down, Lieutenant?
POLICE OFFICER 2: Yes, sir.
POLICE OFFICER 1: Thank you for your time, Joseph. But one last note. [Pulls out a Photograph of Amy] Are you familiar with this young woman?
JOSEPH: [Quietly] Amy
POLICE OFFICER 1: You should be proud of her. She’s a hero. Witness riding on the A-Trac noticed a girl about five foot four. She noticed the plane from about 50 meters away. Her knowledge of it being a fighter jet led her to alert the conductor. She noticed the plane homed in faster and faster, so she pulled out the emergency hatch, and helped at least two other people escape. Both of them died from not hanging onto the A-Trac. She decided the only thing to do was to jump from a 300 meter jump. She landed on a car that was traveling on a skyway about 50 meters below on a car traveling at 100 kilometers per hour. She suffered a massive concussion that may have killed her.
JOSEPH: Are you aware of her condition?
[Police Officer 2 Shakes his Head. Joseph Puts his Hand over his Mouth and Under his Nose]
JOSEPH: Thank you, officer.

Descriptive Details: Joseph rides his cycle off to Mariana’s Bluff so he can completely contemplate over his situation, Amy’s condition, and what he can do to get out of this rut. The lights dim, and time passes. Joseph spends the rest of 2030 finding clues to Gallagher, and unsuccessfully finding Amy’s location. He soon believes that Amy is in fact dead. Later, he finally listens to his therapists, and decides to go for a walk. He passes by hundreds of people and takes a look at the sky. Thousands of cars were flying abroad at regular speeds. About an hour later, he takes a look at MetroView High. Many students were outside eating lunch. Suddenly, he sees someone familiar. He stood in the sidewalk, and took another look. His eyes followed something vaguely distinguishable about this person: long, pink hair. He strides to the front door and speaks to a receptionist.

ACT II

Dialogue between Characters:
JOSEPH: Hello. My name is Joseph Vettinger; I’m here to see my daughter Amy.
RECEPTIONIST: Let’s see here. [To Herself] Vettinger, Vettinger, Vettinger. [To Him] Amy Vettinger is taking an Algebra test, and is going to be out in about 5 minutes. Shall I call her for you?
JOSEPH: Yes, please.
RECEPTIONIST: Okey-Doke. [Clenches Phone] Mr. Erickson, can you send Amy to the front desk please? Her father is here to pick her up.
MR. ERICKSON: Okay, sure thing. Amy your father is here to pick you up.
AMY: What?
MR. ERICKSON: Your dad. He’s here to pick you up.
AMY: [Unsure] Okay, then. Well, here’s my test.
MR. ERICKSON: Oh, don’t worry about that. I’ll pick it up later.
AMY: Alright.
Joseph is standing in a secluded hall with no doors or windows. Amy walks over there stage left.
AMY: Hi, uh, I was told to come over to see you.
JOSEPH: That’s right kiddo. How do you feel?
AMY: I’m fine, thank you very much.
JOSEPH: Is it okay if I take you home?
AMY: Not unless I call the police.
JOSEPH: Police? Why?
AMY: You’re a stranger, that’s why.
JOSEPH: I’m your fath—
[Joseph realizes that she may have amnesia after her fall.]
JOSEPH: Never mind. Ah, wait here.
AMY: Alright.
[Joseph heads to the receptionist stage right]
JOSEPH: Hey, is it alright if I take Amy home?]
RECEPTIONIST: Not a problem. Just fill this out. [Hands Him a Sign-Out Sheet and a Pen. Joseph signs the sheet]
JOSEPH: Great, thank you.
RECEPTIONIST: You are certainly welcome.
[Joseph heads to Amy.]
JOSEPH: Come on.
AMY: Fine.
[Joseph then takes Amy to a pizzeria in the outskirts of New New York.]
JOSEPH: Hungry?
AMY: Yeah, I haven’t eaten all day.
JOSEPH: ‘Kay.
[Joseph takes out an Aeroslate, and fills out his and her order.]
AMY: Why’d you bring me out here, out of everyone in the school? I’m not in some kind of trouble, am I?
JOSEPH: Heck no. I’m just taking you out to lunch.
AMY: [Sarcastically] And then you’re gonna take me home, fatten me up, and eat me.
JOSEPH: [Smiling] I see you haven’t let go of your sense of humor.
AMY: I guess not.
[A woman with two plates of pizza comes out and delivers it to Joseph and Amy. One is a small all-cheese pizza, and the other is a number four, without anchovies, bacon, and any other meat.]
AMY: [Surprised] Whoa, how’d you get my favorite order down without meeting me?
JOSEPH: [Smiling] Convinced yet?
AMY: Anyone can get lucky, Mr.?
JOSEPH: Joseph Vettinger. You’re the only one I allow to call me by my nickname, Joe.
AMY: [Smiling] Still, I don’t think you can convince me.
JOSEPH: [Chuckles] We shall see. Let’s finish up. I’ve got but a few hours before my break is over.
AMY: So where to next?
JOSEPH: Ever been to the Orion Mall?
AMY: I don’t think so.
JOSEPH: Cool. You finished eating?
AMY: Yeah, I’m done.
JOSEPH: Then let’s roll out.
AMY: Okay, then.

Descriptive Details: The two head off on Joseph’s cycle and ride over to the mall. Orion Mall is far larger than any larger than any other mall we have here today. The ceiling is made of a special glass-like fiber that is extremely sturdy and eco-friendly. They drop by the parking lot, and enter the store.

AMY: [In awe] Oh my gosh, this is so schway.
JOSEPH: Where to first?
AMY: [Fast] How about Maria Vera, or maybe that one steakhouse we went t—
JOSEPH: [Chuckling] I thought you said you didn’t know your way around.
AMY: Well…I…honestly, I don’t. I just have a good feeling about where we are y’know.
JOSEPH: Interesting. You’ve never been here before, yet you know this place so well.
AMY: Yeah, that’s weird.
JOSEPH: Hmm. Anyways, where to?
AMY: How about…
[The two travel together eating at restaurants, shopping, and watching terrible movies
together like they did when Joseph wasn’t a stranger. The only thing that Amy is concerned about is how well she seems to know Joseph. They finish their excursion around the mall and head back to the cycle.]

JOSEPH: Convinced, yet?
AMY: I gotta admit, the way I recognized all those places is unbelievable.
JOSEPH: Which is why—
AMY: [Interrupts] Which is why I don’t believe it.
JOSEPH: [Checks his phone before taking off, revealing a message from Captain Cartier. The lights dim and Captain Cartier’s voice is heard to the audience.]
CAPTAIN CARTIER’S VOICE: [Blaster fire and explosions in the background] Joseph, we’ve ambushed! There are some thousand troops on the other end of the area. I need you to take the transit station to point 11A2. Get here ASAP! Cartier ou—
Male Computer Voice: Transmission ended.
[Lights brighten]
JOSEPH: Let’s go.
AMY: What’s the matter?
JOSEPH: I need to take you back to the school so I can help my friend.
AMY: Can I do anything to help you?
JOSEPH: [Starting Cycle] I don’t think so; unless you can bring the entire coast guard over here in 10 minutes.
AMY: Oh…
[Joseph and Amy head to the school for what may be their final encounter. They step into the secluded hallway again.]
AMY: Why are you taking me here? [Checks time on a wall clock.] I’ve got to go to a class in a few minutes.
JOSEPH: I want you to try and remember again.
AMY: I can’t.
JOSEPH: Try.
AMY: [Tries. Shakes her head. Checks time on a wall clock. Sighs.] I have to go. [Turns to leave.]
JOSEPH: Wait!
AMY: You’ve got five minutes.
JOSEPH: What about the time at the mall, your favorite food. Does that matter?
AMY: It doesn’t help. [Turns around again.] I need to go to a biology class and I can’t be late again.
JOSEPH: Wait!
AMY: [Tearing up. Turns to face Joseph.] What do want from me?
JOSEPH: Take this. [Hands her a watch that flips out that reveals a photo of the two together. On the back is his phone number.] I want you to remember with this.
AMY: Nothing’s gonna work, okay.
JOSEPH: But—
AMY: Time’s up. [The bell rings. Amy disappears in the crowd of nobodies. Joseph’s phone rings.]
CAPTAIN CARTIER: Joseph! We can’t take much more of this! Get over here, stat!
JOSEPH: Joseph to Cartier. I’m on my way. Out. [Runs to the front

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Story Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Time   Story Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Story Time
Page 1 of 1