Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
PSN getting hacked EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
PSN getting hacked EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
PSN getting hacked EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
PSN getting hacked EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
PSN getting hacked EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
PSN getting hacked I_vote_lcapPSN getting hacked I_voting_barPSN getting hacked I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
PSN getting hacked I_vote_lcapPSN getting hacked I_voting_barPSN getting hacked I_vote_rcap 
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

PSN getting hacked

Go down 
+2
Diggy
DaFatChikin
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DaFatChikin
That One Guy
DaFatChikin

HWPoints : 1982

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:57 pm

To whom it may concern:

(PS3 Owners)

I know a lot of people online are frustrated about this.

All my friends with ps3's are banging their heads against walls in anger.

Being a Ps3 owner, I'm frustrated myself, but I kind of feel bad for Sony.

They have to deal with the hackers, fix up their security, and worst of all, they have to deal with their customers. I don't think a letter will satisfy anyone whose information was hacked. (and maybe even credit card #.) [I play an online game called league of Legends. Their server went down for like two days during a week and they gave all players $5 of online store credit for the inconvenience.] I'm not the most educated person, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe alot of companies do this so that they don't lose players/customers. If Sony does something like this......(77 Million accounts)

I feel like the Playstation community should stand up and help sony out, but that just sounds cheesy.. (why would a customers help out a salesman.. you know?)

Basically, I'm worried about sony as a whole more than my mailing address and whatnot on PSN. I am curious what everyone here thinks about the situation and if anyone had sure information or just predictions of what Sony will do once the hackers are put to justice.

Back to top Go down
Diggy
*DIGGY RAGE*
Diggy

HWPoints : 2635

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:37 am

im not too worried about it. it will be up on tuesday so idk.

Sony is just going to work up their defences and everything will be better
Back to top Go down
http://madhouseforums.forumotion.com/
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

Gaming Mod '10 : PSN getting hacked Gaming10
HWPoints : 29439

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:00 am

I will rant later, but I'll give the short version

People are overreacting based on possible information that isn't confirmed. People act like it's easy to recode te entire network from scratch, with all purchases, trophies, and such. I don't want a reward or bribe. I'm actually a loyal customer, who is reasonable and mature, unlike these whiny little kids( an adults. What has society come to?). If they do give out a reward or prize thing, I will most likely email Sony and tell them to take mine back, probably with a long drawn out email about how I am willing to look past this flaw. It's not like it didn't happen to xbox in 08. (look it up yourself) No one talked about that. Probably because the sat majority of 360 owners are either young children who play FPS games because they require no brainpower or adults who live with their parents.

Yes, this is the short version.

TL:DR, Shut up immature kids, you have no life. I don't want an award, nor will I accept one.
Back to top Go down
Diggy
*DIGGY RAGE*
Diggy

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 4:35 pm

I agree with Gr33n. People are over reacting. PSN will just give back what was stolen (Like Insurance).
Back to top Go down
EpicPhlamerZ
Python
EpicPhlamerZ

HWPoints : 2287

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Oh man everyone plays LoL now. lol!
Back to top Go down
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

HWPoints : 3206

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:51 pm

I don't think they are overreacting...it is a VERY big deal if the hackers do actually have access to your personal info and credit card numbers. I understand why some of you may not think of this as too big of a problem, but know that adults who have their own credit card linked to their PSN account have good reason to worry. Privacy is one of the things we value most, and it's now a legal issue that Sony has to deal with the government now. Think about the possibility that the hackers actually do have the credit card numbers of everyone who have PSN accounts and lets say they choose to take the billions of dollars and run. I don't think Sony will be able to cover that kind of uproar from the public because of their "less than adequate" security measures. In the worse case scenario, Sony could be shut down.

Of course, this hasn't been confirmed, but it's definitely a possibility.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ysorandom.weebly.com
DaFatChikin
That One Guy
DaFatChikin

HWPoints : 1982

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:07 pm

Phlare wrote:
Oh man everyone plays LoL now. lol!

Btw, League of Legends is similar to DotA. (Some of the creators of LoL Created DotA)

DotA is a WC3 map. Most popular game on warcraft 3. I've been into DotA for 3 years. League of Legends is about 1 1/2 years old. Thats how I got into LoL. (I heard about it. Pretty easy to figure out what happened when the co-creators of DotA abandon ship.)

I don't really care too much about getting a reward, but it will bribe me into forgiving Sony. (not that it was their fault...) A lot of people won't forgive Sony unless they are given something because we DID lose our spring break because of this.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Assistant '10 : PSN getting hacked Assist10
Member '10 : PSN getting hacked 2up7mv8
HWPoints : 6345

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:36 am

Anyone who uses PSN for free should get nothing back from Sony. Period. They're working their butts off day and night, trying to win back your enjoyment. So for us to say, "Give me a game, or I won't like you anymore," is immature and naive.

All in all, there are three idiots here, however: Sony, the hackers, and the fanboys.

1. Sony should've come clean from the beginning. They could've come out of the flames looking like heroes, but instead, they waited to long, and have received nothing but criticism.

2. The hackers' plan was extremely smart. They use Anonymous' recent attack as a smokescreen, steal the info, sell the info, make off with money, and live happily ever after. It would've worked, too, had not Sony gotten the FBI envolved. Now, they're doomed.

3. The biggest idiots are the fanboys demanding Sony for compensation, blaming Sony for the attack, and vowing to never buy a Sony product again. Are they that stupid to give up on a $300 THEY PAID FOR just because they weren't able to play Portal Kombat? Lame...
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:53 am

First off, identity theft is an insanely easy thing to spot and a fairly easy thing to fix. Do you really think the bank won't notice you buys a pool and a donkey in Mexico while you're at work in Ohio?
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:44 am

Update: everyone to receive free PSN+ membership for 30 days, loyal fans to rage over the bribe, not loyal fans to rage over the insignificance of this bribe.
Back to top Go down
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Neverwinter wrote:
Anyone who uses PSN for free should get nothing back from Sony. Period. They're working their butts off day and night, trying to win back your enjoyment. So for us to say, "Give me a game, or I won't like you anymore," is immature and naive.

All in all, there are three idiots here, however: Sony, the hackers, and the fanboys.

1. Sony should've come clean from the beginning. They could've come out of the flames looking like heroes, but instead, they waited to long, and have received nothing but criticism.

2. The hackers' plan was extremely smart. They use Anonymous' recent attack as a smokescreen, steal the info, sell the info, make off with money, and live happily ever after. It would've worked, too, had not Sony gotten the FBI envolved. Now, they're doomed.

3. The biggest idiots are the fanboys demanding Sony for compensation, blaming Sony for the attack, and vowing to never buy a Sony product again. Are they that stupid to give up on a $300 THEY PAID FOR just because they weren't able to play Portal Kombat? Lame...

It's like they say, you get what you pay for Smile

Who knows? the hackers might just get away with this if they're smart enough. Remember what happened the little hacking incident with HL2 a while back? The only reason the hacker got caught was because the idiot confessed and had the audacity to apply for a job at Valve.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySun May 01, 2011 4:54 pm

And the only reason these guys got caught was attempting to auction credit card numbers.
Back to top Go down
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:48 pm

wait did they already get caught?
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:00 pm

You can auction off 1.1 million credit cards without making a few enemies.

Yeah, they got owned.
Back to top Go down
Diggy
*DIGGY RAGE*
Diggy

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Playstation plus for 30 days. obviously a bribe, but not complaining. Even if PSN didnt bribe, i would still use it. still better then xBox in my opinion. Its only a matter of time untill somthing big happends to xBox live other then Jtags.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Assistant '10 : PSN getting hacked Assist10
Member '10 : PSN getting hacked 2up7mv8
HWPoints : 6345

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:14 am

Gr33n wrote:
Update: everyone to receive free PSN+ membership for 30 days, loyal fans to rage over the bribe, not loyal fans to rage over the insignificance of this bribe.

Then again, I'm in the middle. I'm not loyal to Sony (I love their games, just not how they do business), but I'll willingly take free PS+. Like Diggy said, this is obviously a bribe, but it's a good bribe.

Also, who uses Qriocity? At all? iTunes is where is at--for the most part...
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:32 am

iTunes has crappy software though. The interface sucks and it's laggy. Music unlimited is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:15 pm

What does PSN+ do anyway?

And hey, I would take a bribe anyday. I mean, if someone offers you free cash it's not likely you would turn that down either.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:01 pm

PSN+ gets you a huge discount on games, many exclusive free games, and cloud storage. Also other stuff I don't know or care about.
Back to top Go down
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:48 am

So like free arcade-style flash games similar to stuff in Xbox live arcade?

Discounts are always good, especially if it's new releases Smile

Otherwise, there really doesn't seem a point to the + If you are paying extra money to get a discount, wouldn't that kind of be like purchasing coupons? Kind of defeats the whole purpose.

Then again, for them to give a month free premium membership....well that'll always be a win. Although it'd probably be much better if say...Sony gave out $100 PSN cards to everyone rofl.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:59 pm

No, their actual ps3 games.
Back to top Go down
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:44 pm

Like...uncharted 2, GoW3, LBP, Blcak ops and stuff?
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Dk about those. I know the assassins creed games were free for a month though. I'm not subscribed, though I will be extending my free trial.
Back to top Go down
Diggy
*DIGGY RAGE*
Diggy

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:35 pm

You can buy borderlands on psn without buying the game disc itself. Idk about ps+ for it though.

I was watching the news tonight and saw that psn isnt going to be up until a while.

I heard rummors it was supost to be up today (some website said one week as of 4/26/11).

No biggy. if your completely falling apart because you dont have online anymore you have problems just saying.
Back to top Go down
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:30 pm

pretty sure PSN coming back up this week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PSN getting hacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN getting hacked   PSN getting hacked Empty

Back to top Go down

PSN getting hacked
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hissing Worms :: General :: Media/Entertainment-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com