Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
New Chatroom{Trying Out} EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
New Chatroom{Trying Out} EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
New Chatroom{Trying Out} EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
New Chatroom{Trying Out} EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
New Chatroom{Trying Out} EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
New Chatroom{Trying Out} I_vote_lcapNew Chatroom{Trying Out} I_voting_barNew Chatroom{Trying Out} I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
New Chatroom{Trying Out} I_vote_lcapNew Chatroom{Trying Out} I_voting_barNew Chatroom{Trying Out} I_vote_rcap 
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

New Chatroom{Trying Out}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mitsukaru
Main Administrator
Mitsukaru

Admin '10 : New Chatroom{Trying Out} Admino10
GFX Crew '10 : New Chatroom{Trying Out} Gfxoft10
Recruiter '10 : New Chatroom{Trying Out} Recrui10
HWPoints : 1548

New Chatroom{Trying Out} Empty
PostNew Chatroom{Trying Out}

We're going to try out a new IRC chatroom. We voted on it apon the staff and they overall think it would be a good idea to try it out, myself included. So let me go over a couple things with it.

1) How to register.

When you first join IRC you won't have a set in stone registered username. To do this you want to type:

/ns register passwordhere emailhere

This will register your username so that nobody can steal it.

Note: Any account theft found and you will be banned from accessing the server

So now you've registered your username. But you won't always be logged in. Every time you quit the server and join back you'll have to "re-identify" your username. This is very simple. Just type

/ns identify passwordhere

This counts as you actually "logging in". Doing this is essential if you want us to know that you are who you are and if you want chatroom powers.

Oh no, someone or a something is using my username! What will I do?

Will simple. If someone is using your username or your client pinged out you just type:

/ns ghost username password

This will kill(disconnect) them from the server and allow you to regain your username.

1 last thing. When you identify you will not always get your "status". You may have to rejoin the channel. To do this type these 2 commands in order:

Code:
/part
/join #HissingWorms

If you identified it should give you your status.

These are the basics. If you have any questions post them here and I'll get to you as soon as I can.

~HW Staff
Back to top Go down
http://hissingworms.co.nr
Share this post on: reddit

New Chatroom{Trying Out} :: Comments

Gr33n
Re: New Chatroom{Trying Out}
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:16 pm by Gr33n
I it iPod accessible???
Diggy
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:45 am by Diggy
Im not likeing it. I never liked chats like this in the past (other website forums). Hope it changes back soon
Neverwinter XIII
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:55 am by Neverwinter XIII
Diggy wrote:
Im not likeing it. I never liked chats like this in the past (other website forums). Hope it changes back soon
Same. Before, it was really simple to join and regularly use the chat. Now, it feels like too much of a hassle to do so.

I can understand how to join, log in, and disconnect from the server, but before, all we had to do was click "Join Chat (or w/e it said)" and boom, we're in.
Mitsukaru
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:07 am by Mitsukaru
Gr33n wrote:
I it iPod accessible???

Yes actually. It looks very good on the ipod too.

Also for you guys that don't like it keep in mine this is something we're trying out. Note that you don't HAVE to register your username and what not. It's just a good way to prevent identity theft and stuff.
LolICU
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:51 am by LolICU
Eh, I never use IRC, but I don't use chatbox much either sooo...whatever you guys think is best.
FuzzY
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:55 am by FuzzY
I think it looks alright.

Good job
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:02 am by Darkprism
Tastes like evil from my perspective.
Neverwinter XIII
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:08 am by Neverwinter XIII
Well the commands will take some getting used to, since I rarely (read: never) use IRC. But I'll learn to like it, I guess.

You have my approval.
Mitsukaru
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 am by Mitsukaru
Alright and I'd like to point out another thing this is great if you want to contact me. Though lately I'm not able to get on that much if you send me a query(Private message) by typing /query KiLLErMaN99

I will get back to it as soon as I can since I'm connected nearly 24/7.
HaZe
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:39 pm by HaZe
Well one minute it loaded and when I tried to type it logged me out and the screen turned black, and I haven't been able to go back in there since.
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:09 pm by Wildcat Nation
I don't like it at all please change back
LolICU
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:08 pm by LolICU
http://www.hissingworms.com/h8 (hate) -irc-chatroom

lol anyone else noticed?
btw, its not that I hate IRC, I just think it's funny to point out because so many people is complaining.
Mitsukaru
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:57 pm by Mitsukaru
Well looks like you all hate it ._.

Will change back sometime |:
Post  by Sponsored content

New Chatroom{Trying Out}

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hissing Worms :: Announcements :: Announcements!-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com