Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Omen EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
The Omen EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
The Omen EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
The Omen EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
The Omen EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
The Omen I_vote_lcapThe Omen I_voting_barThe Omen I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

The Omen

Go down 
+2
Avogadro
Neverwinter XIII
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Assistant '10 : The Omen Assist10
Member '10 : The Omen 2up7mv8
HWPoints : 6345

The Omen Empty
PostSubject: The Omen   The Omen EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:26 pm

The Omen
Episode I

Wind blasted through my silvery-blonde hair. Midnight crept slowly through the cloudy night. My light, gray coat offered little protection against the hard sheets of rain. I began across through the rickety wooden bridge, cautiously watching for those three planks of wood that came loose a few weeks ago. Lightning struck the vulnerable sky, followed by a massive thunderclap that reminded me to pay attention to the path ahead. The rough, bristly rope felt as if it withered away every time I brushed my hand against it. Moonlight peered through the ruthless clouds and hid behind them again. I lowered my head and held my collar against my nose and mouth to stop the rain that dripped down my face.

I crossed the dangerous bridge and made my way towards the iron gate that pounded with the natural motion of the icy wind. I checked the lock to see if they remembered that I’d be back before dawn. I shook the rusty bars and sighed in frustration. I swiftly scrambled in my semi-deep pocket and tried to recognize all of the items: a miniature pool of chilly rainwater, a little vial of red tea I purchased back at Kyroh. It was nothing more than a wet glass of liquid that had as much fluid as a blood sample. And…something else that lurked near the bottom lining. It felt warm compared to the tea, and was made of wool. I quickly pulled it out so I can get to my home quickly; my anxiety for warmth and comfort at home took control of my entire body and mind. All I longed for in this dreaded rain was to find the master key to the gate and rush to my simple abode. The strange object was a sack of coins I also received from Kyroh, too my dismay. They were all made of dirt-ridden silver and were altogether worth forty-five lin*. I sighed, and placed the coins back into my pocket.

I reached into my other pocket and searched for the key, longing for the warmth of the pleasing fireplace in my home. I rapidly rummaged around the interior of my black pants to find the key. I familiarized myself with a cold, tarnished metal that left me relieved. I wiped my hair from the heavy rain and speedily schlepped through the muddy field. I passed through a meadow accented by a single sakura in the middle, whose leaves fluttered violently with the wind. Usually, it was calm and tranquil, a sign of good luck. But not today. No, today was very different.

*currency

Might finish this...someday. Probably my best attempt at epic fantasy. Anyway, discuss. o-o

Last edited by Neverwinter on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Avogadro
Sʇǝɥdǝu
Avogadro

Funny Guy '10 : The Omen Funnyg11
HWPoints : 1884

The Omen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Omen   The Omen EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 pm

It's good, except right here [I began trekking through the rickety wooden bridge] it should be across, not through Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FuzzY
The Chosen One
FuzzY

HWPoints : 927

The Omen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Omen   The Omen EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:22 am

I like it,good story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

HWPoints : 3206

The Omen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Omen   The Omen EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:24 am

DIG YOUR WAY THRU THE WOODEN BRIDGE!!!! WAHHH!!! lmao

Detailed story (a little too detailed maybe?), but I didn't understand what your storyline was and wasn't very epic Razz. It's pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ysorandom.weebly.com
EpicPhlamerZ
Python
EpicPhlamerZ

HWPoints : 2287

The Omen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Omen   The Omen EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:01 am

That's pretty cool nice work Smile

I don't understand this though: I quickly pulled it out so I can get to my home quickly. quoted directly from line 8-9 of the second paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Assistant '10 : The Omen Assist10
Member '10 : The Omen 2up7mv8
HWPoints : 6345

The Omen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Omen   The Omen EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:53 am

LolICU wrote:
DIG YOUR WAY THRU THE WOODEN BRIDGE!!!! WAHHH!!! lmao

Detailed story (a little too detailed maybe?), but I didn't understand what your storyline was and wasn't very epic Razz. It's pretty good though. You can expect more epic stuff as I edit this...
"Might finish this...someday." I'm thinking about turning it around and setting it up like the opening of Uncharted 2; when it goes from a vague opening, to a more clearer one as the story unfolds.

Raymond wrote:
That's pretty cool nice work :Smile:

I don't understand this though: I quickly pulled it out so I can get to my home quickly. quoted directly from line 8-9 of the second paragraph.

You know what that means, do you? It means...*dramatic look*...more revisions. *cue dramatic music*

/unknown reference

Edit: I fixed those mistakes y'all were complaining about. Thanks for your input. Wink
Back to top Go down
FuzzY
The Chosen One
FuzzY

HWPoints : 927

The Omen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Omen   The Omen EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:17 am

I liked it Nw,good job.
Back to top Go down
Scrubby
Lightning Thief
Scrubby

TDP4 Lead '10 : The Omen Tdp4cl10
HWPoints : 1387

The Omen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Omen   The Omen EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 2:11 am

Love it. Very descriptive and it goes into depth. The way you read the words, it just makes me wanna keep reading. Intro was great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Omen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Omen   The Omen Empty

Back to top Go down

The Omen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hissing Worms :: The Desk :: Writing-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com