Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object I_vote_lcapTouhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object I_voting_barTouhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object I_vote_lcapTouhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object I_voting_barTouhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object I_vote_rcap 
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Attamijahira
Earth Worm
Attamijahira

HWPoints : 291

Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object Empty
PostSubject: Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object   Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object 1340242-th12cover_large

Here is a screenshot to show one of the harder parts of the game:
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object 192px-Th12SC093
STORY-
This game takes place After the events of Touhou 11, Subterranean Animism. To not spoil too much, I will just say that because of SOMETHING in Subterranean Animism, there is now a strange treasure ship flying around. A group of people are trying to collect certain flying treasures for their ultimate goal, and once again I dont want to spoil anything. It is actually quite a nice story though, so I give 3.5/5

CHARACTERS-
You can play as Reimu Hakurei, Marisa Kirasame, and being introduced as a playable character in this game, Sanae Kochiya.

Each Character has two options for what set they will use.

Reimu A-Concentrated Attack Type
Shot-Persuasion Needle (high damage low spread shot)
Spell Card- Dream Sign "Wild Exorcism Dance" (concentrated high damage bomb, giant pillar of doom basically)

Reimu B- Anti Pattern Focus Homing Type
Shot- Homing amulet (lower damage homing shot)
Spell Card- Spirit Sign Fantasy Seal(Colorful Orbs are sent out and home onto enemies, then explode.)

Marisa A- Infinate penetration and constant attack type
Shot-illusion laser (high damage low spread, again)
Spell card-Love Sign~Master Spark( GIGANTIC LAZAR O DOOM are really the only words to describe it)

Marisa B- Heavy Emphasis on attack area
Shot-Super Short Wave(lover power higher spread once again)
Spell Card- Ultimate Short Wave (Wave barrage attacks whole screen basically but isnt too powerful.

Sanae A- One Point Focus and homing type
Shot- Sky serpent (shot vertically, then goes horizontally to an enemy, pretty cool)
Bomb- Orochi of Ancient Times- Damages entire screen and does decent damage, quite useful.

Sanae B- High Power High Spread type
Shot- Cobalt Spread (frogs are shot out in a large spread. When they hit enemies they deal splash damage)
Bomb- Frog Sign "Wily Toad" (The Famous Frog Nuke. does massive damage, but takes some time to do so)

With Characters, I would stick to any Sanae or Marisa-A when playing this. The others are not that good.

Enemy Characters-
Stage One-Nazrin
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object 200px-Nazrin
Nazrin is a mouse youkai, and actually somewhat difficult for a Stage One boss and Mid-Boss.
This is one fight that Marisa-A shines in because of Nazrin's final spell card, which prevents damage when the pendulums get in the way of attack, her infinite penetration lasers go through.

Stage Two-Kogasa Tatara
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object 200px-Kogasa
Kogasa is a karakasa youkai. She is in my top 3 for favorite characters from this game, because of her interesting design and dialouge.
Kogasa really has no importance to the story, and she isn't too difficult, but in tradition of this series, a Stage 2 boss will almost always have an annoying spell card, in this case her final one. Also, for anyone who has watched or plans on watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, She looks quite similar to Rei Ayanami in my opinion.

Stage 3- Ichirin Kumoi and her familiar, Unzan.
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object 200px-Ichirin
Ichirin and Unzan are my least favorite Characters. They are annoying and do not have a good design or theme, and are too hard for a stage 3 boss.
Ichirin uses Lasers....a lot....
Unzan uses the ancient power of his Brofist in most of his attacks.

Ichirin does have importance to the story, but I dont really want to go into it too much.

Stage 4- Minamitsu Murasa
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object 200px-Mura2
A fun character with annoying attacks. She is also story important. Beware her gigantic anchors, she likes to throw them. I am still perplexed to why she has that Ladel. Also, she has a good stage theme and boss theme.

Stage 5- Shou Toramaru
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object 200px-Shou2
A VERY annoying tiger patterned youkai. She also is in love with Lasers, and will destroy you to death with them. She loves using curvy lasers which are tricky, and also lasers that turn into bullets. I really really hate her. Her boss theme isnt even that good! Her stage midboss is not being revealed, once again story related and I dont want to spoil anything.

Stage 6- Byakuren Hijiri
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object 200px-Hiji2
One of my favorite 3 characters, Byakuren fights for equality of humans and youkai, which earned her the Nickname Youkai Jesus. I have never fought her, but she is extremely hard. I know that at some points she uses lasers, and since she is stage 6 WILL have very cheap spell cards. But hey, you get a great theme to go along with your fight Very Happy.

Once you beat stage 6, or actually once you 1CC the entire game, you can try to extra clear! This introduces a new(ish) character!

Extra Stage-Nue Houjuu
Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object 200px-Nue2
Awesome Awesome Boss. VERY difficult to beat though. Once again, I never have and probably never will beat her. She has an epic theme though, I will say that.

Finally, characters are done! I would say that Characters get 2/5, because there are only 3 characters that I REALLY REALLY like, and the only other one I am okay with really is Captain Murasa. Plus, the ones I dont like I REALLY REALLY hate. Most games will only have one or two hated characters, but this one gets like 4.

Time for Game Mechanics (or more specifically, UFO system)

The UFO system is....just... awful...
Very VERY annoying.
Basically, you collect 3 UFOs of the same color, and a big ufo of that color comes down. you kill stuff around it, and it will absorb power ups. once it is full (circular indicator around it) you should kill it. if it is a red one with a full kill, you will get 2 life pieces, or 2/5ths of a life. If Blue, you get a buncha points. If Green, 2 bombs I think, maybe a bomb piece and a full bomb or just two bomb pieces.

It doesn't sound so bad, but when this is a game about dodging screens full of bullets, adding in roaming power ups that you need to get 3 of the same kind in a row of, while some can change color can get REALLY REALLY annoying. There are 3 common scenarios of failiure that I can think of.
1. You run up to one, but it changes into a different color right as you get it, ruining your chain.
2. you are trying to dodge stuff, and they run into you, ruining your chain
3. you run up to one, and die because of the majorly intense bullet patterns.

Part 2 of Mechanics. Dying. When you die, you lose one life and 5 small power blocks fly out. Problem. Each power block is worth 1/400. So really, this sucks. I think it only takes you down too 200/400 power though, so at least it isnt THAT bad. Losing a life restores your bomb count to default.

Part 3- Bombs. You get separate bombs from your power. This is good and bad. Now bombs can actually be powerful, but once you run out of bombs, you are out until you lose a life.

Part 4- Continues
You start at the begining of that stage you just died many times on...with only your default lives and bombs. Pretty useless unless if you continue at the start of stage 1.
Game Mechanics 2/5

Overall, the UFO system is awful, and the powerblocks each being worth only 1/400 really really sucks. Also, continues basically are useless, so it almost FORCES a 1CC of the game. But, bombs being separate from power has allowed the return of master spark, and other really good bombs. Also, when you get lucky and get the UFO system to work well on your side, you can get full lives by stage 3 or 4, which is really really nice.

MUSIC-
Music is okay.
Stage 1 Stage Theme- At the End of Spring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeTleYgxvjA
It is okay, not that good , but not bad. It does synch up with the mini battle though so that is cool.

Stage 1 Boss theme- A Tiny, Tiny Clever Commander.
I like this theme. It is energetic and fun, like a mouse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oayu297xrns&feature=related

Stage 2 Stage Theme- The Sealed Cloud Route
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6oYemiCjyA&feature=related
Not that special, but not really bad.

Stage 2 Boss Theme- Beware the Umbrella left there forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmslIIu9WTA&feature=related
I like this theme, although the beginning the most. Its pretty good, but not the best boss theme

Stage 3 Stage theme- Sky Ruin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-5ti7k1BIU&feature=related
Its okay, not special really...

Stage 3 Boss theme- The Traditional Old Man and the Stylish Young girl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzCXtoPEsDo&feature=related
I like the beginning, but the rest isn't too good.

Stage 4 Stage theme- Interdimensional Voyage of a Ghostly Passenger Ship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfYnfr2dfwE&feature=related
I really really like this theme. It is fun and strange, and creates a nice feeling for the stage.

Stage 4 Boss theme- Captain Murasa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ERay85nteU&feature=related
A very fitting theme for a boss. Quite Great, but then again, most boss themes are in the Touhou Series.

Stage 5 Stage Theme- Rural Makai City Esoteria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvQX04YzjVE
Pretty good theme in my opinion, but not a good stage. I like the trumpet (I think it is anyway) little interlude at about 1:11

Stage 5 Boss Theme- The Tiger Patterned Vaisravana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDNsk2UXYE4
Not really that good, not intense enough for the fight.

Stage 6 Stage Theme- Fire of Hokkai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aca3f9OYcXs&feature=related
It really hints that you are approaching something mysterious and powerful, yet seems somewhat peaceful. A great stage theme.

Stage 6 Boss Theme- Emotional Skyscraper~Cosmic Mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmy6rcn_v3A&feature=related
A great theme, although it isn't too intense at some parts. This is still one of my favorite themes.

Extra Stage Theme- UFO Romance in the NIght Sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUDqOIBY9FA&feature=related
It is okay, but not really good enough for an extra stage theme.

Extra Stage Boss Theme- Heian Alien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGwjl16fX4w
I LOVE this theme. It is really amazing and a great theme for an extra boss. It sounds quite familiar though.....

Player Score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J392VE_ONs
This really doesnt matter, you only hear it when you die or win I think so you wont care that much.

Title Screen- A Shadow in the Blue Sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE7neXAuzIY&feature=related
I like the beginning to this theme, although I never really hear much of it.

Credits Theme- Returning home from the Sky ~ Sky Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMEEFzZ3ILI
I never have heard this before other than just now. It includes a remixed cosmic mind, so I like it Very Happy

END OF MUSIC

4/5
This game has some really great themes, although there are a few that are really...not that good...

Playtime and Replayability: Like all touhou games, the game isn't too long. An Hour at most (excluding extra). Of course, that is in one straight play through. There is a lot of practice required to do well in this game, as the stages are more difficult than in previous games. Replayability depends on skill. If you are good enough to beat it once, then you might not be good enough to beat it again. So you will always be trying to beat it, and with 4 difficulty modes, you have a lot more to do once you master Easy!

4/5

ART!
5/5
This game has THE BEST Zun art in the series, so it gets a great rating.

Overall: 7/10

The game has some great music and characters, a good story, and amazing art and danmaku, but the UFO system and having continues being useless really drags it down. It is still a fun game, although very frustrating and challenging.
Back to top Go down
Diggy
*DIGGY RAGE*
Diggy

HWPoints : 2635

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object   Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Must of taken forever to get all this info...
Nice job!!!
Back to top Go down
http://madhouseforums.forumotion.com/
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

Gaming Mod '10 : Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object Gaming10
HWPoints : 29439

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object   Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:31 pm

I want this game now.
Back to top Go down
GigaPudding
Garden Snake

HWPoints : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object   Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:51 pm

That is a really good job making this so meaningful post it took me forever to read this. I like Gr33n also want this game but i dont really think i should get this game because i'll probably just end up playing it for a month then quit.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

Gaming Mod '10 : Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object Gaming10
HWPoints : 29439

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object   Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Having trouble with IN. Help at the Plateau sometime?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object   Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object Empty

Back to top Go down

Touhou Project 12: Touhou Seirensen/Undefined Fantastic Object
Page 1 of 1