Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Sonny--Review [Flash] EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
Sonny--Review [Flash] EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
Sonny--Review [Flash] EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
Sonny--Review [Flash] EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
Sonny--Review [Flash] EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
Sonny--Review [Flash] I_vote_lcapSonny--Review [Flash] I_voting_barSonny--Review [Flash] I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
Sonny--Review [Flash] I_vote_lcapSonny--Review [Flash] I_voting_barSonny--Review [Flash] I_vote_rcap 
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

Sonny--Review [Flash]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Assistant '10 : Sonny--Review [Flash] Assist10
Member '10 : Sonny--Review [Flash] 2up7mv8
HWPoints : 6345

Sonny--Review [Flash] Empty
PostSubject: Sonny--Review [Flash]   Sonny--Review [Flash] EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Sonny--Review [Flash] Sonny12

Dark smoke covers the deep afternoon sky and you, lying on your back, awaken from your unconscious state. After blinking for a few seconds, you try to get up on your feet; instead, you clench your teeth in discomfort and look down at your body. Blood, neatly spread in fine lines across your chest. Suddenly, you see that your skin pigment and hair have turned to a dark pale green. You finally realize something...you are a zombie...
Presentation

Sometimes, it seems that no matter what game you're playing, it will most definitely involve the redundant zombie mini-game in where you have to re-kill the killed in some form or another. With this ambitious combat-strategy game, Sonny will plan to change the norm.

Sonny opens up with a short cutscene detailing who and where you are. You, as expected, play the role of Sonny, a young man reawakened as a member of the living dead. The story doesn't give much about where you're going or what your goal is, which is a good thing. If you've been looking for a game that doesn't hold your hand the entire time, Sonny is that game.
Spoiler:
The 2D animation is smooth and frame-rates tend to not take a dive during high-action sequences, unless you are using an older computer. Voice acting is terrific, particles look great, and everything all together is in a nice fantastic presentation. However, I wish there were larger cutscenes with more animation to fit, but it's not a huge deal.

Presentation: 9.25/10

Gameplay

Probably one of the greater areas where Sonny really shines is in the gameplay. There are two sections worth noting about in the game: free-roam and combat. In free-roam, you get to travel around areas you explored in the game, and can upgrade your stats, change weapons, purchase items, and train for combat. The whole system works pretty well; I never felt too cluttered or even that something was missing. Everything just felt like I was getting the whole package.

Combat is the equally-awesome counterpart of free-roam. What's great is that the game keeps you on your toes and fills the entire field with life. I never saw it as tacked on or as a chore. The fighting feels more like an integral part of the experience. It is, as with most Flash games, a mouse-only part of the adventure, but it is executed so perfectly.
Spoiler:
You are given a Combat Action Bar for you to fully customize how you play in battle. So, for instance, I could choose the Action "Smash" from the Ability Tree, and place it in the bar so I can use it in battle to crush my opponents. Actions are placed in the Action Pool, and you are able to put in more than one Action in the Bar at a time. So I could choose to keep 5 "Smash" abilities in my Bar so I can smash my enemies five times in five turns.

Also, one other option that I love is that you can customize the AI of your team members to fully take advantage of your fighting style. So, if you want a guy to be defensive or offensive, you have the option to make him as such.

Don't expect to fly through gameplay. I've often found myself never sure whether or not I was gonna get out alive at the end of the battle. The combat also never grows stale. You might rely on your Medic to heal you at certain points, or you may be waiting for him to refill your Focus. Simply put, you will not grow bored with the combat.

Finally, as you progress through the game, you will be given the general XP to further advance your abilities. Little things like tips and even a game manual are great additions.

Gameplay: 10/10

Sound

Virtually everything in Sonny sounds great. Some of the protagonists, specifically Sonny, have a strong British accent, which is perfectly fine. Battle music is pretty good, as well. Overall, the game has a great score and you probably won't be annoyed by it one bit.

Sound: 9/10

Verdict

This, may be one of the best Flash games to date, hands down. Everything's awesome, the gameplay, the story, the graphics...everything! As of now, there are isn't a reason not play this game. You won't be disappointed. Trust me on this one.

Overall: 9.8
--Neverwinter

So, yeah. Did you like the review? Hate it? Any questions? Sign off below Wink
Back to top Go down
Darkprism
Wizard of the Marsh

HWPoints : 4558

PostSubject: Re: Sonny--Review [Flash]   Sonny--Review [Flash] EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Wow, great review. I can tell you put a lot of effort into it. Good job.
Back to top Go down
http://funnypics.forumotion.com/forum.htm
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

HWPoints : 3206

PostSubject: Re: Sonny--Review [Flash]   Sonny--Review [Flash] EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 am

It's a decent game, I've played both from the series. But it does get boring after a while...

P.S. (I find a LOT of games boring)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ysorandom.weebly.com
SniperAim
Earth Worm
SniperAim

HWPoints : 663

PostSubject: Re: Sonny--Review [Flash]   Sonny--Review [Flash] EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:12 am

Actually one of the better games that people posted reviews for.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Assistant '10 : Sonny--Review [Flash] Assist10
Member '10 : Sonny--Review [Flash] 2up7mv8
HWPoints : 6345

PostSubject: Re: Sonny--Review [Flash]   Sonny--Review [Flash] EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Well, thanks for your input, guys. Glad you liked it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonny--Review [Flash]   Sonny--Review [Flash] Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonny--Review [Flash]
Page 1 of 1