Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
Wii Rant(In Progress) I_vote_lcapWii Rant(In Progress) I_voting_barWii Rant(In Progress) I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
Wii Rant(In Progress) I_vote_lcapWii Rant(In Progress) I_voting_barWii Rant(In Progress) I_vote_rcap 
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

Wii Rant(In Progress)

Go down 
+3
Neverwinter XIII
Zeph
Gr33n
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

Gaming Mod '10 : Wii Rant(In Progress) Gaming10
HWPoints : 29439

Wii Rant(In Progress) Empty
PostSubject: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:25 am

I would like to start off with my main views. I will post various facts/ common opinions to back them up. Firstly, the Wii is a great idea. One of the best concepts out there. However, they did not create the hardware to it's full potential. Next, although theme Wii has some gems, it is like the app store. Thrid, the online system is horrible. The friend codes were a bad idea, and the wifi is laggy. Lastly, the wii shop is tragic. It takes the simplistic concept of a download store and ruins it.

Section 1: Hardware Hazards

Now, any random person knows what the Wii is. A system built for the younger generation with extremely gimmicky controls. So gimmicky, in fact, they market the entire console off of them. Now don't get me wrong, I own a Wii, always have, and always will, and I love it, but it was done so poorly. It can't do music, it can't do Hd, it can't do Blu-Ray or DVD, it can't access a network, it can do nothing.

The other main problem is the controller. Firstly, it is held by a wire. This allows for very difficult manuverabiliy. I need a drink, but I can't hold my controller in one hand. A simple fix would be a ps360 style controller that separates in half. Next, it is infrared. While infrared can do a lot, it can't do what the Wii is marketed to do. Their fix: twenty dollar add on. And last, not enough buttons. Needs one more stick and about five more buttons on there for some seriously epic gaming.
Back to top Go down
Zeph
~Elysium in the Sun~
Zeph

Mod '10 : Mod '10
HWPoints : 8757

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 5:11 am

Buy upgrades or wait for the hardware to update.
Or wait for a new device.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 am

It's wii. The hardware doesn't update.
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Assistant '10 : Wii Rant(In Progress) Assist10
Member '10 : Wii Rant(In Progress) 2up7mv8
HWPoints : 6345

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 2:06 pm

That means Nintendo needs to hit that 45 million units a lot faster--and hopefully actually name the new console the Revolution this time around. >.>

Here's hoping for HD graphics, more features, better games, and a traditional non-motion controller!
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Section 2: Sucky Software

First, I will list my top 5 games. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Twilight Princess, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Donkey Kong Country Returns. Notice they are all first party games. The majority of third party games out there just plain suck. They need to, for the next console (codename Revolution from here on out) get some serious ties with Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, and Square Enix. MAYBE then they could get some great third party games out there(yes I did just list first parties.)

Also, the downloads. The games for download are just pathetic. I do admire the Virtual Console, but the Wii Ware isn't, well, good. They need to have some serious games for download. Do like Sony, your games can be purchased on a disc AND online.
Back to top Go down
Darkprism
Wizard of the Marsh

HWPoints : 4558

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:54 pm

SOOOOOO TRUEEEE

I think instead of a little nunchuck doojigger, They should attach the remotes together and do that.
Back to top Go down
http://funnypics.forumotion.com/forum.htm
LolICU
WHAT THE FUDGE
LolICU

HWPoints : 3206

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Nintendo is just a damn money-grabber. Heres what I did when I got my wii:

Buy the wii for $200+ and a few games for another $200
Buy extra controller, memory card and nunchuck (expensive shit) for like $150
Buys wii fit for $210 (with other crap u need)
Buys more accesories for like $100 (you cant have any fun without buying this shit)
Buy Sports Resort for $60
Turns out I cant play Sports Resort without Wii motion +
Buys 3 motion+ for like another $80
Plays wii for about 2 months and go SCREW DIS SHIT because all my data was erased for no reason

The only games I actually enjoyed was Super Smash and Mario Kart
$200+$200+$150+100+$60+$80+$210=$1000
Yeah tbh I'd rather have gotten $1000 worth of games for my Xbox. Two decent games that I didn't hate is definitely not worth almost $800.
And they don't really give you good demos. Play a game for 1 minute or less: I'm sorry but your 1 minute trial has expired.

Sure you might like the wii but let's be honest here. If you buy an Xbox or PS3 the most you would have to pay for is an extra memory card or controller. With the wii, half the games you buy requires an additional accessory which you would have to purchase. And these accessories are NOT cheap, trust me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ysorandom.weebly.com
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:30 pm

@LolICU:

So how many of those accessories did you buy from third-parties? Sounds to me that they are mainly the ones taking your money IMO. You could've also bought them used.

You don't have to buy all those accessories. I was fine with just what I got, an old SD card, WiiMotion+ and Wii Fit. That's really all you need for it, and I'm having fun w/o fancy shmancy stuff.

Not to be hatin', but you'd also need to pay for XBL. $60/month every month costs $720. Throw in Kinect, more accessories, Microsoft Points, and you'd get...woah.

Back to top Go down
Mitsukaru
Main Administrator
Mitsukaru

Admin '10 : Wii Rant(In Progress) Admino10
GFX Crew '10 : Wii Rant(In Progress) Gfxoft10
Recruiter '10 : Wii Rant(In Progress) Recrui10
HWPoints : 1548

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Neverwinter wrote:
@LolICU:

So how many of those accessories did you buy from third-parties? Sounds to me that they are mainly the ones taking your money IMO. You could've also bought them used.

You don't have to buy all those accessories. I was fine with just what I got, an old SD card, WiiMotion+ and Wii Fit. That's really all you need for it, and I'm having fun w/o fancy shmancy stuff.

Not to be hatin', but you'd also need to pay for XBL. $60/month every month costs $720. Throw in Kinect, more accessories, Microsoft Points, and you'd get...woah.

What are you smoking lmao it's $50-$60 a year.
Back to top Go down
http://hissingworms.co.nr
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:51 pm

Technicalities...

And for your information, my weed is perfectly fine, thank you very much. lol
Back to top Go down
EpicPhlamerZ
Python
EpicPhlamerZ

HWPoints : 2287

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:03 am

O.O

So if you get a PS3, you do not any extra accessories other than possibly a new memory card and controller?
Back to top Go down
Darkprism
Wizard of the Marsh

HWPoints : 4558

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:19 am

Yeah, and it won't FUCKING ERASE ALL YOUR SHIT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://funnypics.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Just found this so I'll finish it up.

Part 3: Irratable Internet

Friend Codes. Anyone who plays a Wii or a DS knows what I'm talking about. First you need your friends 16 digit code for the system. Then you need another code for the specific game. How does anyone like this? Why can't I type in their username(also missing) and add them?

And this isn't typically a huge arguement for most people, but I want my trophies/achievements. I like bragging to my friends about my platinum trophies, or me being the highest trophy level of all my friends. Nintendo, catch up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii Rant(In Progress)   Wii Rant(In Progress) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii Rant(In Progress)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hissing Worms :: Gaming Arcade :: Nintendo Forum-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com