Hissing Worms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hissing Worms

Welcome all members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
[Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 pm by Darkprism

» KM / Mitsu's New site
[Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am by Darkprism

» I'm back.
[Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am by Stadd

» So yeah
[Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 am by Darkprism

» Forummotion Chatbox on Every Page Guide!
[Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 pm by Diggy

Top posters
Gr33n
[Wii] Metroid: the other M I_vote_lcap[Wii] Metroid: the other M I_voting_bar[Wii] Metroid: the other M I_vote_rcap 
Mitsukaru
[Wii] Metroid: the other M I_vote_lcap[Wii] Metroid: the other M I_voting_bar[Wii] Metroid: the other M I_vote_rcap 
Neverwinter XIII
HaZe
Zeph
Scrubby
Avogadro
Darkprism
Diggy
LolICU
SOTW WINNER(S)
SOTW #4 WINNER(S)

Winner: ZephyR

Partners
TheForumsNG NecroAccuracy PaidTheFastest

EWW

[Wii] Metroid: the other M

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkprism
Wizard of the Marsh

HWPoints : 4558

[Wii] Metroid: the other M Empty
PostSubject: [Wii] Metroid: the other M   [Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:39 am

[Wii] Metroid: the other M 15qfdkn
Story: You are Samus Aran, a freelance bounty hunter and destroyer of Zebes. You are travelling one day when you receive a distress call from the outer reaches of the galaxy. As you arrive, you find a mysterious ship floating in the middle of space. As you board, you find a squad of Galactic Federation officers investigating the ship. Two of the squad members are old allies of Samus, including her ex-commander Adam Malchovich. Adam orders his squad and Samus to investigate the ship, and stays behind as a sort of mission coordinator. Throughout the game, Samus has flashbacks, revealing her past as well as clarifying her present.
Spoiler:
Samus as a young cadet.

Gameplay: Metroid: the other M is one of the better action games available on the Wii. The game sticks to its roots with a killer combo of sidescroller and 3-d, along with all the classic weapons. As you progress, you will unlock favorites such as the super missile, the plasma beam and best of all, the power bomb. Also the suit upgrades will become availible later on. You can switch between third person and first person by holding the Wii remote upright. The game capitalizes on this by using it to investigate your surroundings, though it does get a bit gimmicky at times. Overall, the controlls and gameplay are a solid 8.5.
Spoiler:

Graphics: Though the Wii is known for having subpar graphics, Metroid: the other M has a pretty decent visual. The graphics are surprisingly good for the Wii, earning them a nice 7.

Sound: Your typical Metroid soundtrack along with improved sound effects, giving them an 8.

Story: Pretty original. 8.5

Overall, good graphics, great gameplay and an intriguing storyline make for one hell of a game. Final score: 8.25
[Wii] Metroid: the other M 282jkns
Back to top Go down
http://funnypics.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Scrubby
Lightning Thief
Scrubby

TDP4 Lead '10 : [Wii] Metroid: the other M Tdp4cl10
HWPoints : 1387

PostSubject: Re: [Wii] Metroid: the other M   [Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:20 am

Nice review. I played the game, and it is really interested and fun. Leaves you in a lot of suspense Razz
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Golden Gamer
Golden Gamer
Gr33n

Gaming Mod '10 : [Wii] Metroid: the other M Gaming10
HWPoints : 29439

PostSubject: Re: [Wii] Metroid: the other M   [Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 am

Pretty good review. I would like to try this game out. Review #1? Check.
Back to top Go down
SniperAim
Earth Worm
SniperAim

HWPoints : 663

PostSubject: Re: [Wii] Metroid: the other M   [Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:28 am

Played it once, gets boring after like 30 min.
Back to top Go down
Darkprism
Wizard of the Marsh

PostSubject: Re: [Wii] Metroid: the other M   [Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:40 pm

SniperAim wrote:
Played it once, gets boring after like 30 min.

LIES!!!!
Back to top Go down
Neverwinter XIII
Silent Intent
Neverwinter XIII

Assistant '10 : [Wii] Metroid: the other M Assist10
Member '10 : [Wii] Metroid: the other M 2up7mv8
HWPoints : 6345

PostSubject: Re: [Wii] Metroid: the other M   [Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:41 pm

I would love to get this game. Are those Wii graphics? Nice...
Back to top Go down
Darkprism
Wizard of the Marsh

PostSubject: Re: [Wii] Metroid: the other M   [Wii] Metroid: the other M EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Neverwinter wrote:
I would love to get this game. Are those Wii graphics? Nice...
Yeah, it's one of the prettiest games I've seen. on the wii.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Wii] Metroid: the other M   [Wii] Metroid: the other M Empty

Back to top Go down

[Wii] Metroid: the other M
Page 1 of 1